NOW HIRING YOUTH BASKETBALL COACHES for Spring 2022!
Night Hoops is a FREE basketball program for youth ages 13-16 (no experience required). Learn the fundamentals of the game in an empowered, fun and inspiring environment. Night Hoops is a weekly program consisting of Team Practices and Game Nights. Practices focus on both individual and team skills with an emphasis on games and team building. Game Nights are dedicated to competition against other teams from the Night Hoops community!
We are seeking outgoing, enthusiastic individuals to join our Spring 2022 team of Coaches! As a Night Hoops Coach, you will lead a team of 10-20 players by providing mentorship and training at weekly practices and games. Don’t worry if you don’t have a lot of basketball or coaching experience - we will provide technical basketball training and development. If you are looking for an opportunity to connect with local youth through sport and make a difference in your community, we’d love to hear from you!
Skills & Attributes Needed:
- Upbeat personality and positive attitude
- Ability to lead and manage between 10-20 youth at a time
- Desire to build meaningful mentoring relationships with youth
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Some knowledge or experience with basketball considered an asset
- Attend all training sessions and Coach meetings as required
- Prepare weekly practice plans and lead 90-minute practices
- Be positive, mature role model for players
- Support the Night Hoops vision and embody organization’s values at all times
- Commit to all 8 weeks of the program (or be willing to share with another Coach)
Spring 2022 Program Details (Coaches must be available minimum ONE day per week):
- Staff Training early April 2022 (Dates & Location TBD)
- Girls - Option 1: Wednesday evenings April 20 - June 8 2022 (8 weeks) at Sunset
- Girls - Option 2: Saturday evenings April 23 - June 11 2022 (8 weeks) at Kitsilano
- Boys: Friday evenings April 22 - June 10 2022 (8 weeks) at Sunset, Kitsilano, Kensington, or Marpole-Oakridge
Community Centre Addresses:
- Sunset Community Centre - 6810 Main Street, Vancouver
- Marpole-Oakridge Community Centre - 990 W 59th Avenue, Vancouver
- Kitsilano Community Centre - 2690 Larch Street, Vancouver
- Kensington Community Centre - 5175 Dumfries Street, Vancouver
- Honorarium (per coach)
- NCCP “FUNdamentals” Certification & Gender Equity Training at no cost
- 1 on 1 coach mentorship
- Night Hoops gear
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Brooke Briscoe (Coach Mentor & Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please include which night(s) and location(s) you are available to coach (see program details above). While we appreciate all applications, only candidates considered for interviews will be contacted.
We welcome applications from individuals of all identities and backgrounds. If you face any barriers to employment or require any accommodation during the recruitment and/or employment process, please feel free to contact us in confidence.